cloudstack-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Rafael Weingartner (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Created] (CLOUDSTACK-6009) cloudstack presenting wrong used memory values
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 10:54:08 GMT
Rafael Weingartner created CLOUDSTACK-6009:
----------------------------------------------

             Summary: cloudstack presenting wrong used memory values
                 Key: CLOUDSTACK-6009
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-6009
             Project: CloudStack
          Issue Type: Bug
      Security Level: Public (Anyone can view this level - this is the default.)
          Components: Management Server
    Affects Versions: 4.2.0, 4.1.0
            Reporter: Rafael Weingartner
            Priority: Minor


Hi folks, I have sent an e-mail about this issue. And I was hoping to discuss it before I
opened a jira ticket. However, no one seemed to care about it.
So, here is the problem:
There is a wrong value being presented on infrastructure > Hosts.
The data used to present on statistics tab is got from "listHosts" API method:
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/api/apidocs-4.2/root_admin/listHosts.html
“listHosts” is the method which returns those values about the host (mem, cpu and etc).
 It returns these values about the host’s memory: 
memoryallocated	the amount of the host's memory currently allocated
memorytotal	the memory total of the host
memoryused	the amount of the host's memory currently used
The API Doc does not say the metric used on those values. But, I took a look at the CS source
code. And it turned out that the first two values are given in bytes, while the third one
is given in KB and that is why that value looks so small when presented on statistics tab.
It is not being converted in a proper way on the UI.




--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.1.5#6160)

Mime
View raw message