cloudstack-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Sangeetha Hariharan (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Closed] (CLOUDSTACK-5596) KVM - HA - When host is powered down and the back up again , HA enabled user Vms on this host remain in "Stopped" state .
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2014 00:54:50 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-5596?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Sangeetha Hariharan closed CLOUDSTACK-5596.
-------------------------------------------


Tested with latest build from 4.3:

Deploy few HA enabled Vms in each of the hosts .
Power down one of the hosts ( using IPMI).T his results in the agent being shutdown gracefully.
We see that the host gets into "Disconnected" state.
All the Vms that are running in this host continue to be in "Up" state.

After few minutes , power on the host.

All the Vms that are running in this host get marked as "Down" state. 
HA is now triggered on Ha enabled VMS now.

Closing this issue.

> KVM - HA - When host is powered down and the back up again  , HA enabled user Vms on
this host remain in "Stopped" state .
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CLOUDSTACK-5596
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-5596
>             Project: CloudStack
>          Issue Type: Bug
>      Security Level: Public(Anyone can view this level - this is the default.) 
>          Components: Management Server
>    Affects Versions: 4.3.0
>         Environment: Build from 4.3
>            Reporter: Sangeetha Hariharan
>            Assignee: edison su
>            Priority: Critical
>             Fix For: 4.3.0
>
>
> KVM - HA - When host is powered down and the back up again  , HA enabled user Vms on
this host remain in "Stopped" state .
> Set up:
> Advanced zone with 2 KVM (RHEL 6.3) hosts.
> Steps to reproduce the problem:
> Deploy few HA enabled Vms  in each of the hosts .
> Power down one of the hosts ( using IPMI).This results in the agent being shutdown gracefully.
> We see that the host gets into "Disconnected" state.
> All the Vms that are running in this host continue to be in "Up" state. 
> After few minutes , power on the host.
> All the Vms that are running in this host get marked as "Down" state. 
> At this point , we would expect HA to be triggered for all the HA enabled Vms. This is
not happening and the Vms continue to be in "Down" state.
> host - "Rack3Host14.lab.vmops.com" was down at ~21:06 and was brought up at ~ 21:17.
> Following logs seen when trying to HA the user Vms:
> 2013-12-19 21:17:17,624 INFO  [c.c.h.HighAvailabilityManagerImpl] (AgentConnectTaskPool-27:ctx-3c1b3422)
Schedule vm for HA:  VM[User|newvm-123]
> 2013-12-19 21:17:17,629 INFO  [c.c.h.HighAvailabilityManagerImpl] (HA-Worker-0:ctx-c0f1d6be
work-105) Processing HAWork[105-HA-63-Running-Scheduled]
> 2013-12-19 21:17:17,633 INFO  [c.c.h.HighAvailabilityManagerImpl] (HA-Worker-0:ctx-c0f1d6be
work-105) HA on VM[User|newvm-123]
> 2013-12-19 21:17:17,633 INFO  [c.c.h.HighAvailabilityManagerImpl] (HA-Worker-0:ctx-c0f1d6be
work-105) VM VM[User|newvm-123] has been changed.  Current State = Stopped Prev
> ious State = Running last updated = 10 previous updated = 8
> 2013-12-19 21:17:17,633 INFO  [c.c.h.HighAvailabilityManagerImpl] (HA-Worker-0:ctx-c0f1d6be
work-105) Completed HAWork[105-HA-63-Running-Scheduled]



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.1.5#6160)

Mime
View raw message