cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Haijiao <18602198...@163.com>
Subject Re:Re: [VOTE] Primate as modern UI for CloudStack
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2019 08:58:43 GMT
+1, could be a major change leading to CloudStack 5.0

At 2019-10-08 04:11:28, "Ezequiel Mc Govern" <ezequiel.mcgovern@gmail.com> wrote:
>+1
>
>> On 7 Oct 2019, at 08:31, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> The feedback and response has been positive on the proposal to use Primate as the
modern UI for CloudStack [1] [2]. Thank you all.

>> I'm starting this vote (to):
>>
>>  *   Accept Primate codebase [3] as a project under Apache CloudStack project
>>  *   Create and host a new repository (cloudstack-primate) and follow Github based
development workflow (issues, pull requests etc) as we do with CloudStack
>>  *   Given this is a new project, to encourage cadence until its feature completeness
the merge criteria is proposed as:
>>     *   Manual testing against each PR and/or with screenshots from the author or
testing contributor, integration with Travis is possible once we get JS/UI tests
>>     *   At least 1 LGTM from any of the active contributors, we'll move this to 2
LGTMs when the codebase reaches feature parity wrt the existing/old CloudStack UI
>>     *   Squash and merge PRs
>>  *   Accept the proposed timeline [1][2] (subject to achievement of goals wrt Primate
technical release and GA)
>>     *   the first technical preview targetted with the winter 2019 LTS release (~Q1
2020) and release to serve a deprecation notice wrt the older UI
>>     *   define a release approach before winter LTS
>>     *   stop taking feature FRs for old/existing UI after winter 2019 LTS release,
work on upgrade path/documentation from old UI to Primate
>>     *   the first Primate GA targetted wrt summer LTS 2020 (~H2 2019), but still
ship old UI with a final deprecation notice
>>     *   old UI codebase removed from codebase in winter 2020 LTS release
>>
>> The vote will be up for the next two weeks to give enough time for PMC and the community
to gather consensus and still have room for questions, feedback and discussions. The results
to be shared on/after 21th October 2019.