cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rakesh v <www.rakeshv....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Querying async job result
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2019 09:18:31 GMT
Hello Anurag

Thanks for the reply. The host does transit to  maintenance mode eventually but the asynchronous
job status never changes. Right now I'm periodically fetching the resource_state from DB to
see if it changes to "Maintenance". Is there any better way to do it like using triggers or
events instead of periodic polling?

Sent from my iPhone

> On 08-Aug-2019, at 10:52 AM, Anurag Awasthi <Anurag.Awasthi@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Rakesh,
>
> You seem to be doing the right thing. I think what you have encoutered is a bug in prepareForMaintenance
API. The host tends to be stuck in that state in some scenarios. Perhaps, when a VM enters
an error state. I would advise canceling maintenance mode and examining what states the VMs
are in. Ensure there are no unexpected errors on VMs, clean them up manually if needed. Then
retry prepare for maintenance mode.

> There is an open PR for fixing this issue as well - https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/3425
. While this got sidetracked as we worked on 4.13.0, this will make it in 4.13.1.