cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From li jerry <div...@hotmail.com>
Subject 答复: Unable to release computing resources
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2019 12:13:08 GMT
Hi Andrija

Why is it necessary to delete the VM before releasing the computing resources? The stopped
VM has no consumption of computing resources, it should not be counted.

Is there any way to automatically release resources after the virtual machine stops?

发件人: Andrija Panic<mailto:andrija.panic@gmail.com>
发送时间: 2019年7月10日 19:45
收件人: users<mailto:users@cloudstack.apache.org>
抄送: dev<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>
主题: Re: Unable to release computing resources

Afaik, those resource limits are not released (i.e. number of CPUs ) when
you stop a VM - it is permanent accounted against an account until VM is
removed. Buy I might be wrong - on the specific Account page/tab in UI,
there is something like " update resource count" button, which should give
you the up-to-date numbers of different resources used.

Best,
Andrija