cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject CloudStack Kubernetes Provider
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2019 09:15:08 GMT
All,

Based on discussions from:

https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/672
https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/88

The Kubernetes project no longer support many cloud providers including the CloudStack one
which was removed from the current/master tree already. For starters, I would like to have
the old codebase moved/available via a repository under Apache CloudStack project (https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/tree/release-1.15/pkg/cloudprovider/providers/cloudstack).

One of the community contributors from SwissTxt Gregor Riepl (@onitake) have also offered
to contribute their provider (which is already under the Apache v2.0 license) which they have
based on the original provider: https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/672#issuecomment-510353660

For this purpose I've requested a new repository with ASF-infra:

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack-kubernetes-provider.git

PMCs - If Gregor wants to donate their changes based on the old/original provider to CloudStack,
is there a formal donation process that he/swisstxt needs to be used or a simple pull request
can be sent?

Any objections, feedback? Thanks.

Regards,

Rohit Yadav