cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Riepl, Gregor (SWISS TXT)" <Gregor.Ri...@swisstxt.ch>
Subject Re: CloudStack Kubernetes Provider
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2019 09:45:12 GMT
Hi Rohit,

> One of the community contributors from SwissTxt Gregor Riepl
> (@onitake) have also offered to contribute their provider (which is
> already under the Apache v2.0 license) which they have based on the
> original provider:
> https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/672#issuecomment-510353660

This CCM is actually based on the old code in

https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/tree/release-1.15/pkg/cloudprovider/providers/cloudstack

We removed some stuff that is not relevant for a standalone controller
and added a few patches that were not accepted upstream due to the
deprecation.

There's still some open issues, if you look at the tracker at
https://github.com/swisstxt/cloudstack-cloud-controller-manager/issues

Issue #9 in particular needs fixing, or the controller will be a bit
difficult to deploy in a generic k8s environment.

> PMCs - If Gregor wants to donate their changes based on the
> old/original provider to CloudStack, is there a formal donation
> process that he/swisstxt needs to be used or a simple pull request
> can be sent?

We're open to any suggestions.
You can also simply fork the Github repo and start from there. ☺

Regards,
Gregor