cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject [VOTE] Remove el6 support in future CloudStack versions (was Re: [DISCUSS] Remove support for el6 packaging in 4.13/4.14)
Date Tue, 21 May 2019 09:40:01 GMT
All,

Thank you for your feedback and discussions. From what we've discussed so far, we've lazy
consensus that nobody wants to use el6 or are limited to upgrade to el7/el8 due to potential
risks.

Moving forward I put forth the following for voting:

- Next minor/major releases (such as 4.11.3.0, 4.13.0.0) will be last ones to support el6
packaging both for the management server and KVM host, but users are discouraged from using
them

- Next major release (4.13.0.0) will document in its release notes that we'll stop supporting
centos6/rhel6 packaging in future versions, i.e. 4.14 and onwards

- After 4.13.0.0 is released, we will remove el6 related specs, packaging scripts etc. from
the codebase in the master branch

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

** PMCs kindly add binding to your votes, thanks.

Thanks.

Regards,

Rohit Yadav

Software Architect, ShapeBlue