cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Weller <swel...@ena.com.INVALID>
Subject Latest Qemu KVM EV appears to be broken with ACS
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2019 14:59:04 GMT
All,

After troubleshooting a strange issue with a new lab environment yesterday, it appears that
the patchviasocket functionality we rely on for key and ip injection into our router/SSVM/CPVM
images is broken with qemu-kvm-ev-2.12.0-18.el7 (January 2019 release). This was tested on
Centos 7.6.
No data is injected and this was confirmed using socat on /dev/vport0p1. qemu-kvm-ev-2.10.0-21.el7_5.7.1
works, so hopefully this will save someone some pain and suffering trying to figure out why
the deployed seems broken.

We're going to dig in and see if can figure out the patches responsible for it breaking.

-Si