cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Latest Qemu KVM EV appears to be broken with ACS
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2019 16:10:59 GMT
Hi Simon,

We're actually looking at it too right now.
The problem seems to be here:

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/4.11/scripts/vm/hypervisor/kvm/patchviasocket.py#L56-L59
        s = socket.socket(socket.AF_UNIX, socket.SOCK_STREAM)
        s.connect(sock_file)
        s.sendall(msg)
        s.close()

Rohit can send commands manually, but through the script nothing gets sent.

*I* think that there should be something like:

        data = s.recv(1024)
        s.close()

to wait for the empty string to come back.

But I need Rohit to confirm it, otherwise a sleep(5) in there works but is very nasty...

paul.angus@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue