cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From <peter.murysh...@zv.fraunhofer.de>
Subject AW: Where to start to reuse API integration tests as functional test from CS codebase?
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2019 12:45:08 GMT
Hi, Paul,

thanks and sorry for mixing up threads!

This simple Docker environment to run Marvin seems to work:

https://github.com/pmury/cloudstack/blob/marvin-101/test/integration/Dockerfile.python27

kind regards
Peter

Von: Paul Angus [paul.angus@shapeblue.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 10. April 2019 17:41
An: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Betreff: RE: Where to start to reuse API integration tests as functional test from CS codebase?

Hi Peter,

The documentation is here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Marvin+-+Testing+with+Python

but it's not the easiest thing in the world to follow.... ☹

In summary:

- we have created a CloudStack specific plugin for the nosetests framework which is called
Marvin.
- once you setup a link to a CloudStack repo as you would to install the CloudStack management
server, you should be able to yum/apt install cloudstack-marvin cloudstack-integration-tests
to get everything that you need (note Marvin is written for python 2.7)
- you need to edit the setup.cfg to match your environment
- you MAY also need to edit the test_data.py file as well
- to run a single test run:

nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=./setup.cfg --hypervisor=vmware -s -a tags=advanced
$file

You can pass a directory rather than a file.

There is a lot more to it, but this is a start.

Paul.

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue