cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Remove support for el6 packaging in 4.13/4.14
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2019 13:25:16 GMT
According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CentOS

CentOS 6 EOL is 2020
CentOS 7 EOL is 2024

+1 for removing support for CentOS 6.

As Erik pointed out the sites running CentOS6 will have to move soon in
any event and it is probably better to do it now when there is still a
lot of current expertise and information available about how to do it
and how to make any changes to applications.

Upgrading in a project that is under your control is usually easier than
one forced on you by a security issue or an operational failure.

Ron