cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject Windows on KVM - Windows profile with PV drivers vs Other PV?
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2019 13:26:40 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to add some Windows templates to my test cloud and by using the "Windows Server
2016" I end up with Intel 1000 NICs instead of virtio ones; this is a bit suboptimal.

When I add the template initially I can see I can specify a type of storage - virtio-scsi
is what I need, however I can't do the same for the network devices.

What does the community recommend here? Any way to force virtio devices on the Windows Server
profile or should I go for "Other PV" profiles for Windows guests?

Nux!
www.nux.ro