cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Any plan for 4.11 LTS extension ?
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2019 15:04:27 GMT
Yes - I see your point
I think the thing to bear in mind here is that there is no *formal* EOL for an ACS version
or branch - its open source - EOL effectively  means that people have lost the interest in
maintaining that branch.   If people see a demand for more releases on a branch in order to
maintain that branch  longer- then I'd think it unlikely that anybody here is going to say
"no"

 maybe the wording in the wiki is misleading

Kind regards
Giles

giles.sirett@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean-Francois Nadeau <the.jfnadeau@gmail.com>
Sent: 15 March 2019 12:49
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: Riepl, Gregor (SWISS TXT) <Gregor.Riepl@swisstxt.ch>
Subject: Re: Any plan for 4.11 LTS extension ?

I can only agree with Haijiao,  that 4.11 deserves a longer time span.
Because many bugs are found naturally between the .0 and .1 of the next LTS release with it's
adoption.

For us 4.11 could only be adopted with 4.11.2.0 after several bugs needed
to get resolved.   So if 4.11's support stops in July then it's time span
was only 6 months from our perspective.

-jfn