cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Weller <swel...@ena.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: project does not build anymore on macos
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2019 16:02:16 GMT
I know Nathan and Gabriel discussed this a couple of weeks ago, as Nathan does his dev builds
on a mac. I'm not sure if a patch idea came out of that discussion or not.

-Si

________________________________
From: Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, February 8, 2019 9:58 AM
To: dev; Wido den Hollander
Cc: Rafael Weingartner; Gabriel Beims Bräscher; Rohit Yadav
Subject: project does not build anymore on macos

LS,

Due to changes in LibvirtResource recently merged, the project will err out
during unit tests on macos. This happens because of
c496c84c6c727a84862cbbe2d870ff57939488b4 that changes the initialisation of
memstats, requiring /proc/meminfo to exist (during unit tests). The
requirement makes perfect sense in production, so a simple roll-back seems
not the way to go. @Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl>, you created the
change, can you think with me what to do here?
/cc @Rafael Weingartner <rafaelweingartner@gmail.com> @Gabriel Beims
Bräscher <gabrascher@gmail.com> @Rohit Yadav <rohityadav89@gmail.com>

--
Daan