cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Anurag Awasthi <Anurag.Awas...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: hook or callback for CloudStack API
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2019 16:32:20 GMT
Hi Alireza,

Could you elaborate a more on the use case you have in mind? The description you mention is
very generic.

As far as I know we need to use polling to track the status of any async job (which is another
API call) and execute based on response. That seems to be foundation principle behind all
async calls. Alternately, you can also use CloudMonkey (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+cloudmonkey+CLI)
 as a framework or dig a little into code there to implement a similar solution to execute
hooks.

Regards,
Anurag