cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: VMs Connection break under two isolate network
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2019 09:26:25 GMT
Hi Haijiao,

We've come across similar things in the past. In short - what is your XenServer bond mode?
Is it active-active (mode 7) or LACP (mode 4)? (see https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX137599)

In short if your switches don't keep up with MAC address changes on the XS hosts then you
will get traffic flapping with intermittent loss of connectivity (root cause is a MAC address
moves to another uplink, but the switch only checks for changes every X seconds so it takes
a while for it to catch up). LACP mode 4 has a much more robust mechanism for this but obviously
needs configured both XS and switch end. Normal active-active (mode 7) seems to always cause
problems.

My general advise would be to simplify and just go active-passive (mode 1) - unless you really
need the bandwidth this gives you a much more stable network backend.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue