cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Re: [PROPOSE] RM for 4.12
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2019 20:51:12 GMT
I'll ping some of our guys on any of these that we've got open.

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: Gabriel Beims Bräscher <gabrascher@gmail.com>
Sent: 24 January 2019 13:06
To: dev <dev@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Re: [PROPOSE] RM for 4.12

Hello folks,

To keep the schedule for the 4.12.0.0 release, as discussed on previous e-mails, the master
is now on freezing state. On this week, until 31st January, we will be working to get master
stable for the release candidate
1 (RC1), which if all goes as planned will be launched for testing on 1st February.

With that in mind, I would like to raise some PRs/issues of interest, divided into two groups:

(I) PRs that are looking almost ready for merging, or are fixing critical bugs.
PR #3133 (feature: add libvirt / qemu io bursting) PR #3126 (Improve System VM startup and
memory usage) PR #3112 (network: Offerings do not have to have Security Grouping enabled)
PR #2795 (KVM: Properly report available memory to Management Server) PR #3091 (Address reviewers
from abandoned PR #1597) PR #2848 (VMware offline migration) PR #2983 (KVM live storage migration
NFS-NFS) PR #3122 (Add back ability to disable backup of a snapshot to secondary) *this PR
is targeting 4.11 Additionally, I will open a PR fixing a critical bug in PR #2997, migrating
the template to target local storage if it is not there.

(II) PRs and Issues that are interesting, but the contributors are unresponsive. Therefore,
due to the tight schedule, they are likely going to be merged into the next LTS. Still, they
are worth mentioning and it would be great if we have a few of these PRs stable to merge in
4.12.
PR #3058 (update dynamic role)
issue #3081 (L2 guest networking via UI) issue #3068 (some UI additions) PR #3036 (extra capabilities
for VMs snapshots) issue #3041 (Decision making logic of which Secondary storage to be used
Secondary storage to be used) issue #3040 (Broadcast URI not set to VXLAN, but VLAN) PR #2578
(API command to list management servers) PR #2311 (optimization for applying port forward
rules)

I appreciate all the effort that has been put so far. Please feel free to discuss if you have
comments, concerns, or suggestions.

Kind regards,
Gabriel.