cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: vmware systemvm 4.11.2 template
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2018 05:52:41 GMT
Samuel, please re look at 4.11.2.0 release notes. The guest OS is rectified, you should only
use other linux 64-bit for systemvms. Debian9 is not available on older vmware versions.

Regards.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav

________________________________
From: Zehnder, Samuel <zehnder@netcloud.ch>
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 4:18:41 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: vmware systemvm 4.11.2 template

Paul,

Hmm.. I did a quick check. Added manual guestos "Debian 9 (64-bit)" and registered your template
with this OS Type. VR gets correctly deployed as debian9_64Guest.

free -m at first login:

root@r-373-VM:~# free -m
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:            222         108          15          10          98          95
Swap:           241           0         241

One minute (!!) later while running "while true; do ssh -p3922 -i ..." on mgmt-server:

root@r-373-VM:~# free -m
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:            222         192           3           8          26          13

What was your fix about? It seems to make things worse. Can you do it the other way around?
:-)

After setting OS-Type to "Other Linux (64-bit)" and restart network:
root@r-374-VM:~# free -m
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:            240          55          70          19         113         157
Swap:           241           0         241

After 5mins of ssh-loop:
root@r-374-VM:~# free -m
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:            240          59          51          26         128         145
Swap:           241           0         241

Really strange... what could be the impact of the OS Type setting for the guest-OS?

Regards,
Samuel