cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: Using ConfigDrive in a shared network
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2018 11:05:58 GMT

On 10/11/2018 09:39 PM, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> Create a new network offering or use the default one with config drive. While creating
a new one you would select user data provided by config drive and also select config drive
feature. Try the latest 4.11 or master via UI.

I eventually ended up re-creating the network offering and my Guest
Network and I see the ISO being generated and attached now.

Thanks!

Wido

> Regards.
> ________________________________

so there could be potentially some limitation around that (please check?). Here are few things
you can try:

> Ok, thanks for the hint!
>

>> - genisoimage is available on your mgmt server or local development platform
>
> Yes, it is.
>

>> - after updating any existing network offering see if restarting mgmt server helps?
>
> Tried it multiple times, no change.
>

>> - use an IDE, attach debugger on the config drive element class and see if it participates
at all during deployment?

>> - in the global setting check if config drive on primary storage is enabled or not?
Config drive by default requires secondary storage and will create isos on it. Also check
agent logs? (the config drive current is created on/by the mgmt server and then the iso data
is transferred via cmd-answer pattern to either secondary or primary storage).