cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Smeets, Raf (Nokia - BE/Antwerp)" <raf.sme...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: Using ConfigDrive in a shared network
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2018 14:29:32 GMT
Hi Wido,

Maybe networkserviceprovider ConfigDrive is still disabled for that physicalnetworkid in your
Advanced zone.
Please check if ConfigDrive is set to Enabled via UI or via cloudmonkey list networkserviceproviders
name=ConfigDrive

Thanks & Best Regards,
Raf

-----Original Message-----
From: Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl>
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 4:16 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using ConfigDrive in a shared network

Hi,

On 10/10/2018 12:09 PM, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> Hi Wido,
>

> I've tested/used the feature in advanced zone/networking but without security groups,
so there could be potentially some limitation around that (please check?). Here are few things
you can try:

Ok, thanks for the hint!

> - genisoimage is available on your mgmt server or local development
> platform

Yes, it is.

> - after updating any existing network offering see if restarting mgmt server helps?

Tried it multiple times, no change.

> - use an IDE, attach debugger on the config drive element class and see if it participates
at all during deployment?

> - in the global setting check if config drive on primary storage is enabled or not? Config
drive by default requires secondary storage and will create isos on it. Also check agent logs?
(the config drive current is created on/by the mgmt server and then the iso data is transferred
via cmd-answer pattern to either secondary or primary storage).

> - Also dumpxml for the guest domain and see if any iso is attached?

I checked all the Agent logs, Management Server logs, no trace of ConfigDrive being used anywhere.
The VM has a empty CD-Rom, but that's the usual CD-Rom which is attached to a VM.

It seems that the Mgmt server isn't using ConfigDrive at the moment, so I'm not sure where
this is going wrong.

Setting it for UserData in the Network Offering should be sufficient, right?

Wido