cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com.INVALID>
Subject broken workflow in autogenerating / modifying the agent.properties file
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2018 14:28:23 GMT
Hello,

Recently I've had an issue with one of the host servers. I've emailed the user list about
this with subject " ACS 4.11.1.0 - agent.properties file became empty on a KVM host "

In summary, the logic behind the autogeneration / modification of the agent.properties file
is somewhat flawed. In my case, the host file had a 0 byte size agent.properties file after
the management server was restarted. This was likely to be due to the root partition being
full at the time when the automatic modification took place. As a result, host server became
disconnected and unable to connect. All vms were stuck on that host server without the ability
to migrate them.

Perhaps there should be more common sanity checks to make sure the destination file could
actually be automatically created.

Andrei