cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: VRs swapping with 256 MB RAM
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2018 17:16:45 GMT
Hi Rene,

I've come across issues where vmware side would provision less than 256MB RAM to the guest
OS while vCenter would still claim to have reserved/allocated 256MB RAM. I've seen this happen
few cases, which is why for 4.11+ VRs on vmware the guest os type selected is 'other linux
64'. Reference:

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/master/engine/schema/src/main/resources/META-INF/db/schema-41000to41100.sql#L448

Can you share what RAM allocation you see from vCenter side and inside of the VR by sharing
the 'free -m' output from the VR?

While one can always increase the cpu/memory limits for default system offerings, the default
of 256MB RAM should ideally work (at least works on kvm, xenserver). If we can conclude this
behaviour, we can consider increasing the default VR RAM by 64 or 128MB, i.e. to 320 or 384
MB by default.

- Rohit

<https://cloudstack.apache.org>