cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mike.Tutkow...@netapp.com>
Subject Re: Problem with CLOUDSTACK-10240 (Cannot migrate local volume to shared storage)
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2018 06:25:58 GMT
It looks like this is the problematic PR:

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2425/

On 7/15/18, 12:20 AM, "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mike.Tutkowski@netapp.com> wrote:

    Hi,

    While running managed-storage regression tests tonight, I noticed a problem that is not
related to managed storage.

    CLOUDSTACK-10240 is a ticket asking that we allow the migration of a virtual disk that’s
on local storage to shared storage. In the process of enabling this feature, the VirtualMachineManagerImpl.getPoolListForVolumesForMigration
method was re-written in a way that completely breaks at least one use case: Migrating a VM
across compute clusters (at least supported in XenServer). If, say, a virtual disk resides
on shared storage in the source compute cluster, we must be able to copy this virtual disk
to shared storage in the destination compute cluster.

    As the code is currently written, this is no longer possible. It also seems that the managed-storage
logic has been dropped for some reason in the new implementation.

    Rafael – It seems that you worked on this feature. Would you be able to look into this
and create a PR?

    Thanks,
    Mike