cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Baars <g...@onsitecomputers.com.au>
Subject Cloudstack 4.11 - Ubuntu 16.04 Agent UFW firewall issues
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2018 03:40:42 GMT
Hello Devs,

When we deployed cloudstack 4.11.0 into production, we found that the UFW rules for the KVM
host overrides the firewall rules set by the user in cloudstack. This prevented network access
to the VMs on most ports.

We followed the guide on this page for the advanced zone – ubuntu.
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/4.11/hypervisor/kvm.html

Disabling UFW on the KVM host fixed the issue but obviously not a great solution ☹

Is there any logging that would help? I have a spare server in the production cluster that
I can test the issue on.
Kind regards,
Glen Baars
This e-mail is intended solely for the benefit of the addressee(s) and any other named recipient.
It is confidential and may contain legally privileged or confidential information. If you
are not the recipient, any use, distribution, disclosure or copying of this e-mail is prohibited.
The confidentiality and legal privilege attached to this communication is not waived or lost
by reason of the mistaken transmission or delivery to you. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify us immediately.