cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Working with a 'PendingReleaseNotes' file
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2018 21:00:50 GMT
Hi,

At the Ceph project we work with a Pending Release Notes [0].

The idea is that if a developer writes a new feature or fixes something
that changes functionality (or adds one) she/he also updates the
PendingReleaseNotes file.

That way when a new version is released it's easier for the Release
Manager to know what to highlight.

Although we can try to get everything from Jira and Github Issues it
might be difficult to use the proper wording.

On every release the files is cleared and people start to add again.

Would this be something which could benefit CloudStack and make the
release notes easier and more complete?

Wido

[0]: https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/PendingReleaseNotes