cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Weingärtner <rafaelweingart...@gmail.com>
Subject Remove 'md5Hashed' variable from Javascript
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2018 17:31:39 GMT
Hello fellow CloudStackers,

Today I was working on CLOUDSTACK-5235, which is a security issue, and I
noticed a variable ‘md5Hashed’ in the javascript that does not seem to be
useful at all. This variable was used to control if we hash or not the
password of users in the user side (browser). However, we no longer hash
the password on the user side. All of the password processing is executed
in the server side according to the priority of hashing mechanism defined
by the administrator.

I am addressing this cleanup with this PR
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2555.

If you have any objections regarding this variable and its relate code
removal, please do so. Otherwise, we will proceed to remove it.

--
Rafael Weingärtner