cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] CloudMonkey 6.0.0-alpha (about six years after initial version in 2012)
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2018 15:26:58 GMT
Thanks all for your appreciation! I would love to where and how the tool is being used.

I've tried to make the new port a drop-in replacement so no changes will be required for your
existing (shell etc) scripts, however, some configs may be removed. Testing will be required
and is requested in that area.

Update: I've the port functionally complete with only support for json output (other others
can be worked on soon including text, table, csv and maybe xml).

It would be great if you can help test the port for me, the binaries for Linux, Mac and Windows
are here:

https://lab.yadav.cloud/testing/cmk/

If/when you find a bug, please report on:

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-cloudmonkey/issues

Known issues and limitations:

- No output support for xml, csv, table, or xml. No filtering on output as well.

- Parameter completion when done with a single tab, may not show up sometimes but if you enter
the up arrow key it will show up (weird, not sure why this happens)

- API params are not cached, it may take time for options to populate

- No in-built api cache, run 'sync' against management server

- To keep the new port's settings/config separate. It will use directory at ~/.cmk/

- Windows port fails with unicode printing whether in prompt or api response, auto-completion
may not work as expected

- Rohit

<https://cloudstack.apache.org>