cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Default API response type: XML -> JSON
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2018 12:05:09 GMT
The time would be better spent on fixing the docs.

It is time to turn Cloudstack into a production quality product with
documentation that actually reflects the quality of the design and
functionality.

At the moment you have 2 people willing to work on the docs waiting for
a committer to decide that professional documentation matters.

This proposal seems to make the product more complicated with no
substantial benefit.
Parsing XML is a well-known technology and switching to JSON does not
seem to reduce the code required or reduce the complexity of the code.

If there is a desire to me "more modern", fix the documentation.

--
Ron Wheeler
President