cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Seitz <s.se...@heinlein-support.de>
Subject Re: SSL offloading for Virtual Routers / Loadbalancer
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2018 09:23:17 GMT
Thank's for your feedback Wei!

I'll dscuss the configuration via tags/values with some collegues, but I think that's a very
practical way of configuring some LB specialities.

AFAIK there'll be some changes necessary to the codebase. Have you've done that changes internally
or do I live in an ideal world and it's available maybe as pullrequest on github?
In short, may we use that work? :)

cheers,

- Stephan

Am Donnerstag, den 12.04.2018, 10:59 +0200 schrieb Wei ZHOU:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> We (Leaseweb in Netherlands) had some work on it. It is implemented by
> network tags and lb tags.
> Here is our KB:
> https://kb.leaseweb.com/display/KB/Network%3A+CloudStack#Network:CloudStack-ConfiguringloadbalancerforanIPAddressofanIsolatedNetwork
>
> -Wei

> > Hi!
> >
> > We've got some projects where it would be very reasonable to have SSL
> > offloading for https available at the loadbalancing component in the VR.
> >
> > Since loadbalancing is done via haproxy, that wouldn't be impossible to
> > configure (at least for the haproxy.conf).
> >
> > I wonder if there's some documentation for the management <-> VR
> > communication. IMHO we need to add
> > - upload/update of ssl certs from the management node to the respective VR
> > - configuring/updating SSL as additional LB method (besides the
> > tcp-oproxy, tcp and udp methods)
> > - some VR's feedback or canary code to inform the management node about
> > the LB capabilities(?)
> >
> > It would be really nice if someone could share some information. How would
> > you start that?
> >

> > Thanks!
> >
> > - Stephan

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Stephan Seitz

--

Heinlein Support GmbH
Schwedter Str. 8/9b, 10119 Berlin

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-44
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG: HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht
Berlin-Charlottenburg,