cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Cloudstack collab conference 2018
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2018 10:54:18 GMT
Is everyone happy with a cutdown collab - with only one track?
I'm seeing quite a refreshing number of new names in the mailing list currently, I worry that
it will be hard to cater for everyone with just one track.

paul.angus@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: Giles Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>
Sent: 13 March 2018 09:01
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Cloudstack collab conference 2018

All
I've been speaking with Rich Bowen about the feasibility of holding another Cloudstack Collaboration
Conference in conjunction with Apachecon

https://www.apachecon.com/acna18/schedule.html
Apachecon is 24-27 September, Montreal

Rich has said that we can have a room for Monday 24th  + one other day (I'm, hoping that would
be Tuesday) , so CCC could be 24-25 September

We could probably squeeze in 20 talks across the 2 days and would look to bolt on a hackathon
at the end on Wednesday 26th (if Apachecon isn't able to accommodate the hackathon, we do
know a friendly company in Montreal who *may* be able to host that)

WE NEED TO MOVE QUICKLY: The CFP for apachecon is already open and closes March 30 So, I'd
like to get a broad feeling here of support to do this

Theres not much needed to make this happen:

  1.  Confirm with Rich that we want to do this
  2.  Get http://cloudstackcollab.org/ updated - volunteers needed
  3.  Point our community at the exisiting CFP  - and then help on the submissions process
- volunteers needed
  4.  Promote, etc

Kind regards
Giles