cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Jayapal Uradi <jayapal.ur...@accelerite.com>
Subject Re: ConfigDrive status
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2018 08:29:37 GMT
Yes.
In case shared network there is only DHCP and DNS and user data. If the DHCP and DNS is external
then I don’t want to launch a VR only for user data.
Initially it was started to address only specific requirement.

We can have a config drive provider and it can be extended to all networks/zones.

Thanks,
Jayapal

> On Mar 27, 2018, at 1:48 PM, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>
> Hi Jayapal,
>
> This has probably already been discussed and am missing a lot of context, but can you
summarise why this is not applied in all zones?
> A network independent userdata provider should seem like the lowest common denominator,
right?

> --
>
> Nux!
> www.nux.ro

VMs

>> DISCLAIMER
>> ==========
>> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the
>> property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for
>> the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not
>> the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print,
>> distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in
>> error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message.
>> Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any liability for
>> virus infected mails.

DISCLAIMER