cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move to Github issues
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2018 08:13:04 GMT
Thanks all, after 5days the vote *passes* with all in favour of the proposal.

I'll request infra immediately to enable the Github features for us, and update the website/docs
over the next few days.

After issues is available, users should use Github issues for logging bugs/features etc. Developers
who have submitted PRs without a jira id may be accepted now provided their PRs have a milestone
and qualify merge guidelines (2 lgtms, test results etc).

PS. Happy Easter!

Regards.

________________________________
From: Tutkowski, Mike <Mike.Tutkowski@netapp.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2018 11:08:36 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org; users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Move to Github issues

+1

On 3/26/18, 12:33 AM, "Rohit Yadav" <rohit@apache.org> wrote:

    All,

    Based on the discussion last week [1], I would like to start a vote to put
    the proposal into effect:

    - Enable Github issues, wiki features in CloudStack repositories.
    - Both user and developers can use Github issues for tracking issues.
    - Developers can use #id references while fixing an existing/open issue in
    a PR [2]. PRs can be sent without requiring to open/create an issue.
    - Use Github milestone to track both issues and pull requests towards a
    CloudStack release, and generate release notes.
    - Relax requirement for JIRA IDs, JIRA still to be used for historical
    reference and security issues. Use of JIRA will be discouraged.
    - The current requirement of two(+) non-author LGTMs will continue for PR
    acceptance. The two(+) PR non-authors can advise resolution to any issue
    that we've not already discussed/agreed upon.

    For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be sure to indicate
    "(binding)" with their vote?

    [ ] +1  approve
    [ ] +0  no opinion
    [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

    Vote will be open for 120 hours. If the vote passes the following actions
    will be taken:
    - Get Github features enabled from ASF INFRA
    - Update CONTRIBUTING.md and other relevant cwiki pages.
    - Update project website

    [1] https://markmail.org/message/llodbwsmzgx5hod6
    [2] https://blog.github.com/2013-05-14-closing-issues-via-pull-requests/

    Regards,