cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: ConfigDrive status
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2018 14:55:37 GMT

On 03/27/2018 10:29 AM, Jayapal Uradi wrote:
> Yes.
> In case shared network there is only DHCP and DNS and user data. If the DHCP and DNS
is external then I don’t want to launch a VR only for user data.
> Initially it was started to address only specific requirement.
>
> We can have a config drive provider and it can be extended to all networks/zones.

Like Lucian/Nux said this can be very helpful in other situations as
well. ConfigDrive allows for metadata to reach the Instance without
networking function or DHCP.

In IPv6-only environments this can also work very well, so yes, it would
be great if this works in other offerings.

When I have the time I'll dig into this and see if I can get it working.

Wido

> Thanks,
> Jayapal
>
>> On Mar 27, 2018, at 1:48 PM, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jayapal,
>>
>> This has probably already been discussed and am missing a lot of context, but can
you summarise why this is not applied in all zones?