cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Releases in Progress
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2018 05:09:27 GMT

Makes sense but we should try to get rid of inaccurate stuff and stuff
that makes it look like the project is not maintained.

This is particularly and obviously true with pages that talk about
"current" versions, roadmaps and outstanding issues.

The page in question was very explicit about version 4.6 being current
and duplicated the ideas that were contained in a page about release
policy that was not version specific. It did have some nice graphics
that might be worth incorporating into  the other page.

The structure of the wiki needs a bit of thought and cleaning up. It
needs to be looked at from a "marketing" point of view rather than a
developer point of view. Development policies need to be included since
they are important but they need to be written in a version-free point
of view and need to be structured in a way that a first time visitor
will have an easy way to find what they need and will find as many pages
that paint a favourable view of the project as is possible without lying.

The details about version numbers and release policies are not top of
mind with a person doing an evaluation of Cloudstack and its
alternatives but is critical for developers.

Ron