cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: 4.11 RC1 KVM Issue: Incorrect hostname/no IP address
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2018 09:14:47 GMT
Mike, can you check if dnsmasq is running on your VR. Does it work, if you ssh to your VR restart
dnsmasq and retry dhclient (or reboot the user VM)?

FYI - Per PR2211, systemvmtemplate improvements I made it reload dnsmasq than reboot it. Dnsmasq
is only rebooted when cfg files in /etc/dnsmasq.d changes but dhcp opts/hosts file (that contains
dhcp rules for new VMs) changes, dnsmasq is only reloaded. This was done to avoid dhcp failures
when you launch several VMs, restart dnsmasq every time may fail dhcp discovery queries from
user VMs.

- Rohit

<https://cloudstack.apache.org>

________________________________
From: Tutkowski, Mike <Mike.Tutkowski@netapp.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 3:06:56 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: 4.11 RC1 KVM Issue: Incorrect hostname/no IP address

Hi,

I noticed a problem related to hostnames/IP addressing on KVM with RC1 for 4.11.

I have a single Basic Zone with KVM (no other hypervisor type in use). My two KVM hosts are
running on Ubuntu 14.04.

All system VMs come up and I create a new VM whose root disk resides on NFS (alongside the
root disks of the system VMs).

During the boot process, I see the following error:

https://imgur.com/LdTIcb2

When the VM has completed booting, it does not have the proper hostname and has no IP address:

https://imgur.com/PY47Lr8

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike