cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: HA issues
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2018 11:29:51 GMT
Hi Lucian,

If you're talking about the new HostHA feature (with KVM+nfs+ipmi), please refer to following
docs:

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration/en/latest/hosts.html#out-of-band-management

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Host+HA

We'll need to you look at logs perhaps create a JIRA ticket with the logs and details? If
you saw ipmi based reboot, then host-ha indeed tried to recover i.e. reboot the host, once
hostha has done its work it would schedule HA for VM as soon as the recovery operation succeeds
(we've simulator and kvm based marvin tests for such scenarios).

Can you see it making attempt to schedule VM ha in logs, or any failure?

- Rohit

<https://cloudstack.apache.org>

________________________________
From: Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro>
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 12:47:56 AM
To: dev
Subject: [4.11] HA issues

Hi,

I see there's a new HA engine for KVM and IPMI support which is really nice, however it seems
hit and miss.
I have created an instance with HA offering, kernel panicked one of the hypervisors - after
a while the server was rebooted via IPMI probably, but the instance never moved to a running
hypervisor and even after the original hypervisor came back it was still left in Stopped state.
Is there any extra things I need to set up to have proper HA?

Regards,
Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro