cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Venkata Yedugundla <venkata.yedugun...@accelerite.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Changing events to include UUIDs, could it break your integration
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2018 06:13:33 GMT
Hi all,

We need to go with api versioning at some point. However, it may not be right to park this
till we get api versioning done.  Even if we add a global configuration, at some point the
dependent apps need to work with uuids and its again some more work is needed on this. Instead
let the dependent apps (if there are not too many) plan to work with  uuid  before 4.12 (may
be they can continue using the id based on type of data)  and we can give the heads up about
the same in the documentation of 4.11.

Thanks,

Subhash

________________________________
From: Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
Sent: 01 January 2018 16:12:28
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org; dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Changing events to include UUIDs, could it break your integration

(not voting, but) +1 to the general idea of API versioning as a separate initiative.

- Rohit

<https://cloudstack.apache.org>
[https://cloudstack.apache.org/images/monkey-144.png]<https://cloudstack.apache.org/>

Apache CloudStack: Open Source Cloud Computing<https://cloudstack.apache.org/>
cloudstack.apache.org
CloudStack is open source cloud computing software for creating, managing, and deploying infrastructure
cloud services