cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSE] EOL for supported OSes & Hypervisors
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2018 17:58:20 GMT
Hi Eric,

This is the type of discussion that I wanted to open - the argument that I see for earlier
dropping of v6 is that - Between May 2018 and q2 2020 RHEL/CentOS 6.x will only receive security
and mission critical updates, meanwhile packages on which we depend or may want to utilise
in the future are been deprecated or not developed for v6.x
Also the testing and development burden on the CloudStack community increases as we try to
maintain backward compatibility while including new versions.

Needing installation documentation for centos 7 is a great point, and something that we need
to address regardless.

Does anyone else have a view, I'd really like to here from a wide range of people.

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com