cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Boris Stoyanov <boris.stoya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.11.0.0 (LTS)
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2018 09:21:32 GMT
Hi Rohit,

That doesn’t sound much user friendly what do you think? Can we look for a way to automate
this dependency in the upgrade process?

Bobby.

boris.stoyanov@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

> On 19 Jan 2018, at 10:50, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Bobby,
>

> I checked the 4.5-4.11 upgrade environment, due to the nature of how static checker with
commands.properties work, admins will be required to add/update new API/ACLs in the commands.properties
file.

> Adding the following to commands.properties file and restarting mgmt server fixes the
issue:

> quotaIsEnabled=15
>

> Please continue testing, thanks.
>

> - Rohit
>
> <https://cloudstack.apache.org>

all of those tests will come back successful.

> Now, with regards to the one issue I found on KVM with managed storage:
>
> It relates to a new feature whereby you can online migrate the storage of a VM from NFS
or Ceph to managed storage.

> During the code-review process, I made a change per a suggestion and it introduced an
issue with this feature. The solution is just a couple lines of code and only impacts this
one use case. If you are testing this release candidate and don’t really care about this
particular feature, it should not at all impact your ability to test RC1.