cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Changing events to include UUIDs, could it break your integration
Date Mon, 01 Jan 2018 10:41:22 GMT
Hi Michael,

Thanks for sharing, can you confirm if Ubersmith consumes the list of events rather than consume
from the cloud_usage.cloud_usage and related tables?

Once you and possibly other users can confirm we can keep the PR off the next release to work
with everyone and avoid breaking billing and other integrations, but a refactoring of exporting
UUIDs instead of IDs is inevitable in future releases.

As a project, we can't guarantee backward compatibilities on the event description/subject
as we've seen minor changes to the text in the past PRs. It is therefore advised that external
integrations and tools/vendors should consume from cloud_usage and related tables and not
event description tables/lists for processing billings. Thanks.

- Rohit

<https://cloudstack.apache.org>

________________________________
From: Michael J McCafferty <mike@m5hosting.com>
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2017 2:28:52 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Changing events to include UUIDs, could it break your integration

Hi Rohit,

This will break billing for us. We use Ubersmith.

If this change is made, please make it optional (global setting for old and new way) or allow
for different API versions either by option or path that is called.

Thanks!
Mike

Michael J. McCafferty
CEO
M5 Hosting, Inc.
http://www.m5hosting.com <http://www.m5hosting.com/>

Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Companies, 2017

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

> On Dec 28, 2017, at 1:52 AM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>
> All,
>

> We've come across a pull request which changes the event description to use/export UUIDs
instead of the numeric internal ID of a resource. I'm not sure if this could potentially break
any external integration such as billing, crms etc. so wanted to get your feedback on this.
My understanding is external billing/intergrations would consume from the usage related tables
for data than events table.