cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSE] EOL for supported OSes & Hypervisors
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2018 12:42:06 GMT
Agree with Ron that new CloudStack users are unlikely to want to use RHEL/CentOS v6.x, however
as Eric hinted at there will be existing CloudStack users using version 6 for a while still.

I am working with one company with 1000+ RHEL6 KVM hosts and no easy (or particularly clean)
RHEL7 upgrade path – for them dropping RHEL6 support in 2018 would be a major issue.

On the management side this should however be a lot less of an issue.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue