cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Redundant Virtual Routers on VMware?
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2017 10:56:24 GMT
All,

Is anyone using redundant virtual routers with VMware, either in VPCs or isolated networks
(with recent or older versions of ACS)?

Due to the current redundant virtual router implementation, it fails to work with VMware where
public nics (on rVR) have the same MAC address (especially when portgroup security settings
have promiscuous mode disabled). I'm kicking this discussion thread to seek advise from the
community and discuss if we can skip rVR related tests for VMware (they've been failing for
1-1.5+ years now).

Regards,

Rohit Yadav

Software Architect, ShapeBlue