cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Bug in ViewResponseHelper.java of 4627fb2
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2017 12:29:50 GMT
Hi Mike,

Yes, please send a PR!

- Rohit

________________________________
From: Tutkowski, Mike <Mike.Tutkowski@netapp.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 2:08:42 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Bug in ViewResponseHelper.java of 4627fb2

Hi,

I noticed an issue today with a fairly recent commit: 4627fb2.

In ViewResponseHelper.java, a NullPointerException can be thrown when interacting with a data
disk on VMware because the disk chain value in cloud.volumes can have a value of NULL.

I can put in a check for NULL and avoid the NullPointerException, but perhaps someone knows
the history of why this particular field is used in this case and can fill me in.

Thanks!
Mike

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com