cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Kudryavtsev <kudryavtsev...@bw-sw.com>
Subject Adding Spellchecker to code style validator
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2017 07:18:04 GMT
Hello, devs.

How about adding spell checking to code style guide. ACS uses a lot of java
introspection including JSON generation, etc. so typos migrate to protocol
level. Working on CLOUDSTACK-10168 I found ipv4_adress inside python code /
dhcp related json, trying to improve "the camp" I moved to java code and
found ipv4Adress private var which is used in gson serializer resulting to
the protocol with bad keywords. Might it be spellchecker is able to fix it.

The same thing is for logging messages, I usually looking for "address" not
for "adress" so It's really impossible to find relevant message if typos
exist.

I'm not java guru to add spellchecker by myself and it's a project policy
thing, so might be it's a thing which worth adoption?

--
With best regards, Ivan Kudryavtsev
Bitworks Software, Ltd.