cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mike.Tutkow...@netapp.com>
Subject Bug in ViewResponseHelper.java of 4627fb2
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2017 20:38:42 GMT
Hi,

I noticed an issue today with a fairly recent commit: 4627fb2.

In ViewResponseHelper.java, a NullPointerException can be thrown when interacting with a data
disk on VMware because the disk chain value in cloud.volumes can have a value of NULL.

I can put in a check for NULL and avoid the NullPointerException, but perhaps someone knows
the history of why this particular field is used in this case and can fill me in.

Thanks!
Mike