cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject Circumventing VXLAN MTU issues
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2017 16:08:50 GMT
Hello,

I am playing around with the native VXLAN implementation and I have of course hit the situation
where MTU on the host gets chomped by 50 bytes and traffic crawls to a stop in the VMs.
How are you people circumventing this? The easiest, but kind of inconvenient for customers
would be to set MTU 1450 inside the VM, though it could be baked into the templates or via
cloud-init.

Is the OpenVSwitch implementation (of VXLAN) suffer from the same problem, I understand ovs
can dynamically adjust MTUs to compensate (?), but at the same time this VXLAN implementation
suffers from some limitations (multicast etc).

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro