cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mike.Tutkow...@netapp.com>
Subject Re: Advice on converting zone-wide to cluster-wide storage
Date Sat, 30 Sep 2017 12:26:07 GMT
Good points, Sateesh! Thanks for chiming in. :)

On Sep 30, 2017, at 4:03 AM, Sateesh Chodapuneedi <sateesh.chodapuneedi@accelerite.com<mailto:sateesh.chodapuneedi@accelerite.com>>
wrote:

Hi Andrija,
I’ve converted cluster-wide NFS based storage pools to zone-wide in the past.

Basically there are 2 steps for NFS and Ceph,
1. DB update
2. If there are more than 1 cluster in that zone, then do un-manage & manage all the clusters
except the original cluster

In addition to Mike’s suggestion, you need to do following,
• Set ‘scope’ of the storage pool to ‘ZONE’ in `cloud`.`storage_pool` table

Example SQL looks like below, given that the hypervisor in my setup is VMware.
mysql> update storage_pool set scope='ZONE', cluster_id=NULL, pod_id=NULL, hypervisor='VMware'
where id=<STORAGE_POOL_ID>;

With DB update, the changes would be reflected in UI as well.

Post the DB update, it is important to un-manage, followed by manage clusters (except the
original cluster to which this storage pool belongs to) so that all hosts in other clusters
also to connect to this storage pool, making this pool as a full-fledged zone wide storage
pool.

Hope this helps you!

Regards,
Sateesh Ch,