cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mike.Tutkow...@netapp.com>
Subject Re: Advice on converting zone-wide to cluster-wide storage
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2017 13:27:14 GMT
Hi Andrija,

I just took a look at the SolidFire logic around adding primary storage at the zone level
versus the cluster scope.

I recommend you try this in development prior to production, but it looks like you can make
the following changes for SolidFire:

• In cloud.storage_pool, enter the applicable value for pod_id (this should be null when
being used as zone-wide storage and an integer when being used as cluster-scoped storage).
• In cloud.storage_pool, enter the applicable value for cluster_id (this should be null
when being used as zone-wide storage and an integer when being used as cluster-scoped storage).
• In cloud.storage_pool, change the hypervisor_type from Any to (in your case) KVM.

Talk to you later!
Mike