cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Marty Godsey <ma...@gonsource.com>
Subject Migration of ROOT disk in 4.10
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2017 03:29:57 GMT
Hello all,

Has anyone seen issues migrating a ROOT disk from one PRIMARY storage to another in ACS 4.10?

Here is the lay of the land.

Hypervisor:                         Xenserver 7.0
Cloudstack version:         4.10
Old Storage:                       iSCSI MPIO (utilizing PreSetup and Storage tags) Server1
New Storage:                     iSCSI MPIO (utilizing PreSetup and Storage tags) Server2

Both SRs are seen without issue by the hypervisors and the SecStorage VM can write to the
NFS secondary.

Steps:

I shutdown the machine and then go to storage and click migrate. The second PRIMARY storage
is listed and set as suitable. I click Ok.  I get no errors in the log file but the volume
never migrates and the job is sitting at "Task (job-xxx) has been pending for xxx seconds'

No errors, no nothing..

I didn't see this as a known issue.

Regards,
Marty Godsey